Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Camera and dinner to showcase

So on Wednesday after class I spent a large portion of the day hunting for the camera I bought, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT2. I kept reading online that lately it's become really hard to get a deal on cameras so I spent a little bit extra time researching on competitive prices. Retail in Australia for this camera is 600, here you can find it easily for 500 and you'll get 10-12% store points (basically store points are equivalent to cash you can only spend in the store, it's a heaps smart method to get people to think they are getting a discount). I found it in some small shop about 25 minutes from Shibuya for 400 which about all I was prepared to pay, given that I wanted to buy a spare batt and 8gig memory which cost me another 140. My wallet has a hole now.

Anyway I wanted to share my first photos and the flatfish meal I've been eating recently. It comes cut in half and filleted for about 5 bux, 2 meals worth of fish yay. Since uploading photos seems impossible for blogspot I'll be doing so on Facebook.

Also on Facebook are the photos of my first sculpture attempt and some of my sketches. Remember that I haven't done anything Fine Arty since junior years and even then I hated the class too much to try. The media was a weird clay type texture made out of paper mache. To keep the paper together we used bonding glue which was quite hard to use considering it drys out and leaves cracks so that's why mine has quite a few holes etc. Other than that it was heaps fun trying to do something I have no well training in doing and I'm trying to start using my camera more often. I hope car fans appreciate the Hachi-roku photo I took :)

1 comment:

  1. why dont you do what I do for my blog and host photos on something like picasa? and then you can link or embed the images anywhere. It doesnt take that much effort and is actually easier to use than uploading everything onto FB and it makes ur blog more interesting

    ReplyDelete