Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ファミレス Family restaraunt

I just had dinner at a family (literally 2 cooking staff and young waiter) run Japanese restaurant. When we came through the door it appears that they rarely if ever served foreigners so we waited a while before they decided what to do with us. We first had a seat in the sit down area that was raised above the normal floor, this was for me comfortable considering I had two and a half seats to fit in. Adjacent to us were 2-3 families with accompanying children, they were lively and rather easy going nice families. I made smiling friends with one of the kids he was cool. We politely asked what a certain dish was and they responded very welcomingly to our curiosity. The waiter was rather shy but we managed to order something in Japanese. I have to say given the warm family feel of the restaurant which was present in the food I liked the place alot. Not to be forgotten though I did catch a cursory curious/dirty look from one of the other mother-age customers which I found funny, also upon leaving the restaurant seemed to laugh at the entire situation of foreigners being in their restaurant. Love the place, 5 stars!

3 comments: