Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Going to uni for the first time

So yesterday I went to my uni to do some more applications and introductions. The person guiding us through was heaps helpful, we even managed to score permission to buy a tekiken ticket. Its basically a special ticket that allows you travel from home to uni without buying a ticket everytime. I paid 26xxx yen for 6 months even though semester only goes for 3 months I'm telling myself that I will be swimming there during holidays. Also karate is only a little further from uni so it'll help me to get there as well once I organise that. But right now there are more pressing matters. We were given an application form for Gakkensai and Gakkenbai, which is basically two forms of insurance one is for accidental damage to oneself and the other is accidental damage to other people/property. Thats all great but when we went to the post office to hand it in the lady gave us some weird instructions that even the guy who finished level 8 didnt understand. He plans to ask his friend to help him/us with paying it but since I have nothing to do today and I wanna go into uni to buy a pool membership I was thinking of going to the international student office to see if they could give me some clear insructions about how to pay this thingy. There was also a welcoming party on last night I went and met some people, and listened to announcements by various activity clubs that happen on dorm premises. Taekwondo poeple kicking and breaking things, even a karate kata that looks very similar to Tekki Shodan in my style and of course Aikido people throwing each other around. There was also some announcements about Japanese language and culture classes, but I forgot them all. I did however ask one of the taekwondo guys if I could come to their class and practice some sparring with them. He said it was 'ok' but since he wasn't really excited about the notion I don't know if I should actually go through with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment