Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Jesus Lifehouse

Yesterday went to church, the place is called Jesus Lifehouse. The service started at 5:30pm and everything was fully bilingual, singing, announcements, preaching. I don't want to make too many comments yet because it only being my first time it would only be off my assumptions. There was quite a few young people, including some Aussie ex-pats, students and other people from various nations. I spent most of the time after the service talking to a guy called Tony from St Louis. He's a Black Hawk Pilot for the US Army, I think he said he's stationed in Sagamihara-shi, only 25 and already flying, pretty awesome. He invited me to his Life group which meets before the 4pm service at Starbucks (If you're thinking "Americans and their Starbucks" as I was the whole church goes there on a sunday too so its not so outlandish). On a side note I have to mention that US military personnel stationed in Japan have free subscription to American Cable TV, this includes ALL UFC fights....cool much?!

Also I got a phone today, Samsung 740SC from Softbank. Buying with credit card and student discounts might make it a little cheaper or equal to that of a prepaid phone, but it's a much better phone. I tried to go before church to get the phone but I forgot my passport at that time and the estimated waiting was an hour, so I just decided to pop in after church. No waiting time, just how I like it. If you want my new portable contact details leave a comment and I'll email it to you :)

Today don't have anything on I was expecting to have go find a phone but I've handled that already so I think I'll go for a swim/gym.

Ooo I totally forgot, I did my first batch of laundry yesterday. I didn't turn out perfect I might need to wash the whites again, the machines here aren't terribly clean...but first I'll try to hand wash what can be hand washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment