Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's crackin

Lately I have really taken to having miso soup with any rice dish and especially in the morning its really refreshing and simple. I'm going to try different side ingredients to add to the soup thus far I've added pre-cut Wakame seaweed and diced tofu. I also gave Chicken Yakisoba a shot the other day, it went well everything was juicy I think the best thing about Yakisoba is that you can really use any vegetable you have in your fridge which is really handy.

However I won't go into the details of my yakisoba right now, this post will more be about how life's been here over the past week-ish. Being someone who isn't uncomfortable staying at home all day consecutively by nature it's been really easy for me to get couped up indoors and only go out when necessary. Also not being confident in my Japanese and not knowing as many people as well as I did in Australia means that any sort of social interaction or human relationship makes me nervous. Thus honestly I have to say that for the past week I have been mainly indoors, because indoors is easier.

I have an assignment due and I haven't touched my Japanese language work at all nor read my bible much this past week. My sleeping pattern has changed to going to sleep at around 3-5am and as a result I missed my Japanese class yesterday. It has dawned on me that regardless of how much self-confidence I have, if I am lacking either initiative or diligence the result of my time here could be that I met a few people, went to class, did some karate and improved my cooking a little. This is by and large the same pattern I lived by back home. This is vaguely the pattern of a student and as I write this I am asking myself "why come to Japan to live the same life here as Australia?" My mind leads me to the conclusion that I need to change.

But where to start?

4 comments:

  1. when are you going to post pictures on your blog man, haven't you heard the saying "pics or it didn't happen". We're going to deny the fact that you went to japan if we dont' see pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop fucking cooking and go get some ! ! pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOOD PICS!!!!
    Man, is this Japanese culture changing you from a Gum tree to a Bonsai?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol chung...Alright alright I'll get a camera...pics soon..

    ReplyDelete